Monday, August 15, 2011

Liberated Star for Amanda Jean

Over the weekend I finished my liberated star block for Amanda Jean.

I used some of my scraps of Sugar and Spice fabric that Amanda Herring, The Quilted Fish, had sent me as part of her design team activities. I thought they were just perfect for this project.

I had been so intrigued by these liberated stars when we were at our retreat this summer that when I got home I immediately bought Gwen Marston's book. In that, she showed how sometimes she doesn't make the star points come together at the inner point. So, I tried that on this one. I wasn't sure if Amanda Jean would like that, so I e-mailed her about it. But we both ended up agreeing that when the whole quilt is put together, it will give it that little extra special touch of "wonkiness." So, I'm leaving it like it is. Hope you like it, Amanda Jean.

Like the rest of you, I could find these seriously addicting. I love the feel of them and think it would be really fun to play with different fabric options. I really love the red, white, and turquoise look. Just a great combo! I'm glad I had the right mix of fabrics on hand to add to the center Amanda Jean sent me. That always makes it even more fun.

I'll get it in the mail by the end of the week, Amanda Jean!

I'm having so much fun with this bee. Thank you for inviting me to participate!

Mama Pea (AKA Stephanie in MI)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute block Stephanie! I'm loving every one of them that shows up here! Great plan Amanda Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a very fun block, Stephanie. you did great! i'm so excited to see how my blocks are going to come together!

    ReplyDelete