Friday, June 10, 2011

Shelly of Prairie Moon Quilts

Hey, there, everybody! I'm Shelly, from Prairie Moon Quilts. Several of you know me from other places -- bees, blogs, retreats, etc. -- but for those of you who don't, here's the short story . . .

I live on a small ranch (Prairie Moon Ranch, incidentally) in Missouri with My Cowboy (who some of you have also met), and together we raise cattle and horses, and do all kinds of day-to-day farm stuff, which you probably could get sick of reading about real quick on my blog.

When farm work isn't dominating my life, I quilt. I quilt a LOT. A friend of mine once told me: "There's a fine line between hobby and obsession." True, ain't it?

I've been quilting for 37 years, teaching and designing for 15, and just a couple years ago, added longarm quilting to my business as well.

My favorite technique is needle-turn hand applique, and I'll be closely watching for signs from any of you that you'd be willing to throw in a little of that for me during the bee.

Red just happens to be my very favorite color EVER, and I adore red and white quilts. I do own a couple, but I suck with a camera, so you can't see them . . . at least not right now.

I'm really honored that I was invited AND accepted into this bee. I know we're all gonna do great things and have a lot of fun! Can't wait to get started!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Shelly - sorry about the scare! I don't that that particular quilt I posted will ever happen in my lifetime, but I WILL have a red and white quilt when this bee is over!
    A little applique - sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to do a little needle turn applique. So glad you are part of the bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you might have to get US to do some applique! I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to do some needleturn applique, Shelly. Have done quite a bit in the past and am now getting back to it again. So bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, I'm so excited to be doing this with you. I'll do applique, but I stink at needle turn. If I can do the starch method to turn under and then hand applique, I'm game!

    ReplyDelete