Thursday, June 23, 2011

Amanda from Crazy Mom Quilts

I guess I'm a little behind in writing this introduction post! I'm Amanda Jean and I live in Wisconsin with my husband, and 3 kids. I blog at Crazy Mom Quilts. This summer will mark 11 years of quilting for me. I've been quilting obsessively since 2006, when I started my blog. I love to sew with scraps. I love getting the most out of my fabric. I love stashing fabric. I love to play with color and create things. I always have way too many WIP's! Oh, and I'm excited to be a part of this bee!

I sewed up Tara's block the day I received the fabric. This block made me think that I may not like paper piecing! It uses a ton of fabric and all the angles messed with my head. However, now that the block is done, I see that the results are SO worth it. Tara is going to have a stunning quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Great block Amanda! You know you like making this block, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, there! Do I know you? Can't wait to see you in a few days . . . (yes, just a few more days)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hI!
    Is this swap still open to new members?
    If so, can I join?
    Thanks, take care, Leslie
    lesquilts.blogspot.com
    lesquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Nice to meet you Amanda! Paper piecing can use a lot of extra fabric...especially with lots of weird angles. BUT, like you said, the results (and for me the accuracy) are worth it!

    ReplyDelete