Wednesday, January 25, 2012

geese!

I was able to get my circle of geese quilt block done yesterday. This may be my best paper pieced block to date. Tara filled me in on all the tips and tricks that were shared here on the blog and some of her own from personal experience, too. Thank you, Tara! I was hesitant to cut out the shapes by templates, thinking it would be uber confusing (paper piecing is tricky enough to start with), but I learned that it actually helped a ton. I hate wasting fabric, so this was a great solution for saving fabric while paper piecing. Woo-hoo!
I added 3/8" seam allowance to all the pieces of the templates, then fit them together like a puzzle before cutting them out. In a few hours my block was completed!

Mary, I popped it in the mail today. And I left the trimming to you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of trimming, too. It worked well. I still only have 1/4 of the block done! I need to get finished. I was amazed at how fast the 1/4 went when I had all the pieces precut.

    ReplyDelete