Friday, December 30, 2011

Here We Go - Mary on Lake Pulaski's January Block

I knew you all love both applique and paper piecing so it was hard to choose...but.....
I chose
PAPER PIECING!!!!

 

ETA:  12 1/2 inch block - 12 inch finished block
  • Pattern is from www.piecebynumber.com
  • I washed all the fabric I'm sending so don't use anything else (let me know if you need more). 
  • I've included the printed pattern on vellum so it's easy to remove 
  • I printed out an extra copy of the design and cut one of them up so I could use it as templates for the fabric. I put the template on the fabric and cut slightly bigger around it for the seam allowance. I found that this method ensures that the fabric is the perfect size and is less wasteful than judging by eye.

5 comments:

  1. Striking pattern! This will help me brush up my paper piecing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love paper piecing! This is a gorgeous block! Can't wait to get going on it! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design, and I really want to learn how it goes together. The circle-of-geese tutorial looks like a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the fabric today! thank you~
    might need to make a test block first...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Love paper piecing! What will the finished size be? Got my fabric yesterday, ready to go!

    ReplyDelete